Super simple, low-fat, crispy potato wedges
In my native Ukraine we love potatoes! They are a versatile vegetable that can be boiled, mashed, baked, and fried. In most soups in Russian culture, it wouldn’t be soup without potatoes. They contains starch, which are full of nutrients and help us feel full longer.
The way you cook potatoes is very important. Methods such as deep frying are not as healthy, while baking leaves more nutrients. I prefer to cook with less oil where possible. Here is the easy recipe for oven roasted potatoes without oil, that has a great, crispy taste.
Oil-Free Oven Roasted Potatoes
- silicone mat
- 1 lbs organic potatoes
- 1/2 tsp dry herbs
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Wash potatoes well.
- Cut potatoes without removing skin into 1/2 inch slices.
- Rub potatoes with spices, salt, and pepper.
- Lay them on baking sheet, spreading them out so the pieces do not touch.
- Bake for about 30-40 min or until golden brown. Smaller pieces will be ready sooner.
- Serve with guacamole, refried beans, or homemade ketchup and garnish with herbs, such as parsley.