This refreshing cold Russian soup is great for a hot summer day.
Okroshka is one of the most popular cold summer soups in the Russian cuisine. This chilled will be so refreshing on a hot summer day. You will love it!
I used to not like this soup because the original recipe contains eggs and bologna. This vegan version is so healthy and delicious. I make it with cashew sauce that can be made with raw cashews. You can add an egg-like taste to soup by adding black indian salt.
Right now okroshka one of my favorite recipes and I hope you will love it too.
Russian Chilled Soup Okroshka
- high speed blender
- 3 medium potatoes
- 190 grams cucumbers cubed
- 90 grams red radish cubed or sliced
- 90 grams firm tofu cubed
- 25 grams dill herb
- 25 grams chives
- 90 grams raw cashews
- 5 cups cold filtered water
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black Indian salt
- 1/3 tsp ground black pepper
- Soak cashews for 4 hours.
- Cook potatoes in a pot with water until done.
- Chop all the vegetables and tofu into small cubes, place everything in the pot.
- Place cashews, water, lemon juice, and spices into blender.
- Blend at high speed until smooth.
- Pour cashew milk over vegetables, tofu and herbs.
- Chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Serve soup cold.