Try this instead of eggs to start the day.
The other day I wanted to surprise my husband with a nice breakfast. Sometimes I make tofu scramble (as opposed to scrambled eggs), but this time I came up with idea to combine tofu scramble with hash browns. I call my recipe tofu hash brown scramble.
There are a couple of things that really bring out the flavor. I used black salt powder, which comes from India. This has a natural smell that is somewhat reminiscent of eggs. I also use nutritional yeast for a cheesy-like taste. You can get this from many grocery stores.
I am happy that my family loved this recipe and I hope you will too!
Tofu Hash Brown Scramble
- non-stick pan
- 8 oz firm tofu
- 1/2 onion
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Indian black salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- Mash tofu thoroughly with a fork.
- Grate potato with a vegetable grinder
- Cut the onion and bell pepper into strips
- Heat the pan on a medium heat and add avocado oil
- Put potatoes and onion into the pan and cook until golden brown
- Add tofu, bell pepper and spices
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until the potatoes are soft
- Serve immediately on a piece of bread or with tortilla or place in a bowl and garnish with fresh herbs and sliced avocado