Tastes just like milk-chocolate ice cream.
Who doesn’t love chocolate ice cream? And this plant-based vegan ice cream is actually good for you too! It’s an easy-to-make recipe that only requires a freezer, a blender, and three ingredients: bananas, cocoa powder, and a plant-based milk of your choice.
We prefer to blend with a Vitamix because it is high-powered to cut through ice, and it has a tamper, which is needed to push down the frozen ingredients into the blender. It can be done with any blender that can handle ice, but you would need to stop the machine to push down the ingredients several times.
This chocolate banana ice cream is a household favorite, and you’ll love it too. And with only 118 calories per serving (the size of a banana), you can feel good about it too!
(See here for coconut bowls similar to the ones pictured)
Vegan Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- Vitamix or other high-power blender, preferably with tamper
- 5 bananas
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp plant-based milk
- 1 tsp salt (optional)
- Slice bananas and place in plastic container
- Freeze for at least two hours
- Add all ingredients in high-power blender
- Add optional salt
- Mix in blender on high speed and push down frozen pieces with tamper until smooth
- Garnish with your choice of nuts and cocoa or carob nibs
- Serve immediately