Quick and easy vegan pilaf
I love cooking in my Instant Pot. You can use it as a pressure cooker, rice cooker, or slow cooker. I cook lots of grains and legumes in it. Autumn is approaching and I will be cooking a lot more hot dishes during colder weather. Here is a recipe I made recently. It’s vegan brown rice and red quinoa pilaf, and it turned out so good!
Pilaf goes by many names, such as plov in Russian, the Indian dish biryani, or paella in the Spanish cuisine. I have loved red quinoa ever since I first tried it, so I thought, why not try rice and red quinoa? This dish combines the two, and it makes the it so good! This pilaf dish is tasty and nutritious! It is a rich source of fiber, protein, vitamins and minerals. It’s also oil-free. You will love this recipe!
Brown Rice and Quinoa Pilaf
- multi cooker (Instant Pot)
- 400 gr dry brown rice
- 50 gr red quinoa
- 1 small tomato
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 medium onion
- 140 gr small cubed potatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Wash rice and quinoa thoroughly.
- Cut vegetables into small cubes.
- Put rice, spices, and vegetables into Instant Pot.
- Add water about 1 1/2 inches above rice.
- Choose "Rice" setting on Instant Pot, cook until ready.
- Fluff pilaf with a fork.
- Serve it hot with fresh herbs, like cilantro, parsley.