Simple, but fancy main course dish
Surprise your family or guests with this delicious pineapple dish. The pineapple looks very beautiful, and it is very delicious. You can substitute some ingredients if you like. Try making this dish one time and you will love it forever!
- cast iron skillet
- 1 fresh large pineapple
- 170 g onion cubed
- 70 g carrots
- 50 g bell pepper cubed
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 350 g cooked brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple cubed
- 70 g green peas frozen, or fresh
- 15 g soy sauce or tamari sauce
- 1 tsp curry spice powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Cut the pineapple in half, lengthwise.
- Carefully cut out all the pulp from each half, without cutting through the skin.
- Put the onions, carrots, peppers, and garlic in a heated skillet. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add spices, rice, pineapple, soy sauce, green peas, and peanuts. Cook for another 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Place the rice in the pineapple, and garnish with chives, peppers, and chili pepper flakes on top.