Make these beautiful gluten-free gnocchi in the shape of mushroom tops. You will love them!
Once on the internet, I saw mushroom tops made out of dough. I loved this idea a lot. So I decided to make “mushroom tops” gnocchi. Since my youngest daughter has gluten sensitivity, I usually use gluten-free flour for cooking. I either make my own gluten-free flour, or I buy King Arthur gluten-free flour mix.
This recipe is very simple. When you make the gnocchi, they don’t fall apart. Even kids can help you. My younger daughter helped me make these “mushroom tops” gnocchi. We had a lot of fun with her.
All you need for this recipe is mashed potatoes, flour, and some starch. For the sauce, you can use spaghetti sauce or soy sauce, or you can make tahini sauce as I did.
Cute Gnocchi “Mushroom Tops”
- 1 Medium pot
- 450 g raw potatoes
- 120 g gluten-free flour
- 100 g tapioca starch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 50 g tahini paste
- 10 g garlic powder
- 1/3 tsp salt
- Boil the potatoes. Mash them well so there wouldn’t be lumps.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl, and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well. Knead the dough.
- With a spoon, take the dough and roll it into a ball.
- With a plastic bottle, slightly press it on the top to form a mushroom top.
- Cook the gnocchi (small batches at a time) in boiling, slightly salty water until they float to the top. Remove them with a skimmer spoon.
- Serve the gnocchi with a sauce of your choice. I served it with homemade tahini sauce.