5 ingredients and 30 minutes is all you need for this tasty gluten-free cake.
I made this crepe cake for our anniversary. I recently found out I am sensitive to gluten and wanted to make a gluten-free version, that is also sugar-free.
This is a surprisingly simple recipe, with only 5 ingredients, such as chickpea flour, tapioca starch, and canned coconut cream. You can make this in about 30 minutes as well. You don’t even need oil on the frying pan. Simply keep the temperature at medium or a little less on a non-stick frying pan.
Gluten-Free Coconut Cake
- non-stick pan
- high speed blender
- 3.5 oz chickpea flour
- 3.5 oz tapioca flour
- 120 ml coconut cream
- 6 oz hot water
- 6 tbsp coconut cream
- 3 tbsp monk fruit erythritol sweetener or sugar
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Mix in high speed blender until smooth.
- Cook on a non-stick pan on medium temperature on both sides.
- Combine coconut cream and monk fruit sweetener.
- Mix until smooth.
Layer the cake
- Lay a crepe on a plate.
- Spread a thin layer of cream on crepe.
- Repeat this for all crepes, placing a layer of crepe followed by a layer of cream.
- Garnish with your choice of fruit, such as strawberry.
- If desired, cover the cake and chill for an hour before serving.