Make this deliciously sweet, no-guilt candy in only 10 minutes!
You will love these EASY, frozen chocolate truffles. They are plant-based, gluten-free, sugar free, oil-free, and you don’t even need to bake them. These truffles take only about 10 minutes to make, and you may have a lot of the ingredients already at home. Most of the sweetness comes from figs, which are naturally sweet. I recommend Medjool dates if available, since they are softer and sweeter. If not available Deglet Noor figs, which are smaller and firmer, will work fine. If using Medjool dates reduce to about 10 dates, since they are larger. See this comparison of dates for more info.
I hope you love these chocolate truffles as much as I do. Enjoy!
Easy Vegan Chocolate Truffles
- 10 large Medjool dates (or 15 regular dates)
- 3 tbsp raw almonds
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 1/2 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa nibs optional
- Place the nuts and seeds in a high-power blender, preferably with a tamper.
- Blend mixture until crushed into finely ground crumbles.
- Add dates and one tablespoon of cocoa powder and blend, using a tamper to push down or manually pushing down between blending.
- Scoop out the mixture and roll into small balls.
- Coat with more cocoa powder and cocoa nibs if desired.
- Store in the freezer in airtight container and let cool until ready to serve.