This yogurt recipe is sure to please any milk-lover!
Do you have yogurt lovers? This cashew yogurt recipe tastes like regular yogurt and is 100% vegan! It’s so good it will please even dairy lovers, and is easy to make. The hardest part of this recipe is waiting 12 hours for the fermentation to transform the cashew mixture into tasty yogurty goodness.
To make this dairy-free yogurt you just need 4 ingredients: raw cashews, vegan probiotics (or a spoonful of vegan yogurt with live cultures), salt, and water. That’s it. Some supermarkets, such as Sprouts, sell vegan probiotics, as well as milk-free yogurt. If you don’t have such a supermarket you can order the probiotics online like the one I used in the video.
Start the recipe by washing the cashew nuts then placing them into a blender. Add an equal amount of filtered water, then blend on high until the mixture is silky smooth. Pour into a bowl and add the probiotics and salt. Stir well to mix in the cultures. Let the mixture sit in a warmer part of the kitchen for 10-12 hours until the fermentation has time to get the job done.
Once fermentation is finished the cashew mixture will be slightly sour, like dairy yogurt. This means it’s ready. Add your favorite toppings, such as granola, berries, fruits, or oats, and serve. You can also chill before serving. This recipe is can also be used in place of other milk-based products, such as sour cream, and cream for cakes. I hope you enjoy this tasty plant-based yogurt!
- glass bowl
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 tbsp plant based yogurt or powder from 2 capsules of vegan probiotics
- 1 pinch salt
- Wash cashews in water and place in bowl.
- Add water to cashew nuts.
- Mix at high speed in a blender until very smooth.
- Pour the mixture in a glass or ceramic bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of plant-based yogurt or vegan probiotics. If powder is in capsules, remove from there before adding to bowl.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Mix well, cover, and let it sit for 10-12 hours.
- Serve with you favorite berries, fruits, nuts, or granola.