A tasty pizza recipe without using yeast.
Who doesn’t love pizza? We just love getting together with family and friends to eat a delicious Italian pie. Pizza isn’t usually high on the list of foods that are thought of as healthy, especially if it’s loaded with greasy toppings. But pizza can be a healthy meal; it just depends on what ingredients you choose and how much you you consume.
My vegan sourdough pizza is made with a fiber-rich whole wheat crust. Pizza sauce is tomato-based, loaded with Vitamin C that can help boost your immunity. Toppings such as spinach are high in folate. Mushrooms contain higher amounts of Vitamin D. I’d like you to try to make this healthy sourdough pizza. Choose your favorite vegetable toppings. Your family and friends will thank you!
Start the dough with a sourdough starter and fresh flour. You should let the dough rise in a warm place for about 8 or 9 hours. You may leave this overnight and have pizza for lunch the next day if you like. The vegan cheese is quite tasty and nutrition. Choose your own store-bought marinara or make your own. Enjoy!
Vegan Sourdough Pizza
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cups water warm
- 3 tbsp sourdough starter
- 1 tsp salt
Vegan Pizza Cheese
- 1/2 cup soaked cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix in the bowl flour, salt, starter and warm water.
- Knead the dough for several minutes until smooth and consistent.
- Roll out the dough and form the pizza crust.
- Place the pizza dough in the greased pizza mold.
- Let it rise overnight or for about 8-9 hours.
Vegan Pizza Cheese
- Mix all the ingredients in a high speed blender.
- Blend until mixture warms up from the blending action and mixture begins to thicken.
- If you don't have high speed blender that can use a saucepan to warm and thicken the mixture.
- Spread pizza sauce, cheese, and toppings of your choice such as bell pepper, tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, olives, basil, spinach, etc.