Enjoy this easy, traditional Russian and French breakfast – only 4 ingredients!
I have fond memories as a child of getting up in the morning to my mom making delicious blini, or crepes. Now I’m sharing the love with my own family with my own tasty vegan crepes.
Whatever you call them: blini or blinchiki, which is Russian for pancakes, or the more common word crepe (crêpe), of French origin, they are absolutely tasty! These crepes have no milk or eggs – they are 100% plant-based, with only whole-wheat flour, plant-based milk, such as oatmilk, flax seed meal, and lemon or orange zest for flavor. There are only 4 ingredients. You will love these vegan crepes.
Easy Whole Wheat Crepes
- Bowl for combining ingredients
- Whisk for mixing ingredients
- 10 inch nonstick pan (or larger)
- 200 g whole wheat flour
- 400 g plant based milk
- 1 tbsp lemon/orange zest
- 1 tsp flax seed meal
- Mix all the ingredients in the bowl and mix with whisk until smooth.
- Let mixture stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick pan to medium temperature.
- Lightly greased the pan with oil of your choice, to prevent sticking, if you choose.
- Pour the batter into pan, approximately 3 tablespoons, quickly swirl it around to make the batter cover the bottom of the pan.
- Cook until golden, and edges start to pull away from the pan.
- Flip crepe and cook on another side for a short time.
- Repeat until mixture is used.
- Serve crepes with jam, cashew sour cream, or fresh berries and fruits.