Savory eggplant appetizer with cashew filling
I’ve always loved eggplant rolls. They are not only beautiful to present but also incredibly tasty! This healthy vegan eggplant recipe has a cheesy cashew sauce, made from raw cashews, nutritional yeast, and garlic. It’s also oil-free. These rolls are great as an appetizer for special occasions, but easy enough for an everyday dish. I’m sure you’ll love them!
Vegan Eggplant Rolls
- 1 large Eggplant
- 1 cup raw cashew
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 6 tbsp water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the eggplant crosswise about 1/4 inch thick.
- Sprinkle slices with salt and pepper.
- Grill eggplant in a hot grilling pan a few minutes on each side.
- Make cashew sauce by blending together cashew, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, and salt.
- Spread the cashew sauce over the eggplant slices and roll them up.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley on the top.