Try this delicious and healthy Indian dish
I love this lentil curry recipe! It’s so delicious and high in protein and fiber. I can eat curry in different varieties almost every day, because it’s so flavorful and simple to make, with ingredients that easy to find in the store.
You can make curry with chickpeas, lentils, potatoes, tofu and variety of vegetables. You can also serve lentil curry with brown rice or quinoa.
If you like this lentil curry dish, check out these other Indian dishes:
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag me @healthyalyona in your picture on Instagram.
We’d love to see what you cook!
Vegan lentil curry
- Cooking pot
- 2 cups dry red lentils
- 1 medium carrot cubed
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 4 tbsp coconut cream
- 1/2 cup onion cubed
- 3 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1 tbsp curry spice
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- Wash and rinse lentils beforehand.
- Heat pot to a medium temperature .
- Add carrots, onion and garlic.
- Sauté until golden brown.
- Add tomato sauce, coconut cream, lentils, and water.
- Add salt and spices, then stir well.
- Cook for about 30 minutes on low-medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Serve warm with brown rice and garnish with fresh herbs.