Quick and tasty hot breakfast
When I was little my mom would cook rice porridge with pumpkin. She wanted to encourage eating healthy food.
Thinking about my childhood I decided to make oatmeal with pumpkin. I know some kids don’t like to eat cooked vegetables. Sometimes blending veggies into purée is a great idea to “hide” healthy ingredients into a dish. For this tasty recipe the kids don’t even notice the pumpkin in the oatmeal (at least smaller ones). You can sprinkle the oatmeal with extra cinnamon and nutmeg for a bit of spice.
Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
- Cooking pot
- 120 grams rolled oats
- 450 grams water
- 100 grams pumpkin raw
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Cut pumpkin into cubes and bake it in the oven or cook it in a pot.
- Blend pumpkin into purée.
- Bring water to a boil in a pot.
- Place oatmeal into the pot and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from stove.
- Add pumpkin purée, cinnamon, maple syrup and nutmeg to the oatmeal and serve hot.