Try these chocolate donuts with pumpkins
Today, I’m sharing a clever recipe from our ‘Hidden Veggie Delights’ series. We all know how challenging it can be to get kids to eat their vegetables, but this donut recipe has a secret ingredient – pumpkin!
Our daughters were pleasantly surprised when they learned about the hidden ingredients in these donuts. They not only found them delicious but also said they were better than store-bought donuts. The best part? You can’t even taste the pumpkin in them!
So don’t hesitate to give this recipe a try. And to make it even better, I’ve added chocolate protein to the mix! The chocolate protein blend features four different plant proteins, including concentrated pea protein, delivering 18g of protein per serving. It’s the perfect nutritional boost for these delicious donuts! Give this recipe a go, and watch your family enjoy their veggies without even realizing it!
Chocolate Pumpkin Donuts
- Silicone donut mold
- 100 g pumpkin puree
- 120 g almonds ground into flour in the blender
- 35 g cocoa powder
- 35 g Chocolate Protein from @plantfusion
- 100 g maple syrup
- 100 ml plant based milk
- 50 g maple syrup
- 35 g nut butter
- 15 g cacao powder
- Bake the pumpkin, and mash it into puree.
- Add the remaining ingredients for the dough, and mix thoroughly.
- Place the batter into the donut mold, and bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 180C/325F.
- Prepare the glaze by mixing the ingredients, and heating them in a water bath. Glaze the donuts.