Gluten-free Chickpea Crust Pizza – a perfect alternative for those seeking a lighter, protein-packed option without compromising on flavor.
Pizza often carries the label of being a less-than-healthy food choice, but I’d like to share this gluten-free chickpea pizza recipe, which will change your mind about pizza being unhealthy. This vegan gluten-free pie overcomes the typical challenges of non-traditional pizzas, where the dough can lack elasticity, leading to the crust cracking. My solution is a chickpea flour-based crust, cooked in a skillet, much like a pancake. After cooking, just add your sauce, plant-based cheese, and choice of toppings for a delectably simple yet nourishing meal.
The chickpea crust is not just a workaround for gluten sensitivity. It’s also a nutritional powerhouse, rich in protein, loaded with vitamins A, B, C, and E, and containing essential minerals like iron, antioxidants, and Omega-3 fatty acids, this chickpea pizza is a is full of flavor and health in every bite.
The real star of this pizza is the homemade vegan cheese made from almonds and tapioca starch. This creamy captures the essence of cheese with a melty, stretchy texture and a rich flavor profile that complements the chickpea crust beautifully. The almonds provide a subtle nuttiness, while the tapioca starch works its magic to create that ooey-gooey cheese consistency we love. Together, they create a vegan cheese that’s not just a substitute but a stand-out ingredient on its own. So, whether you’re a plant-based, gluten-intolerant, or just looking to try something new and delicious, this gluten-free pizza with chickpea crust with homemade vegan cheese is sure to satisfy your pizza cravings and leave you coming back for more.
- non-stick pan
- 150 g chickpea flour
- 200 ml water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 100 g almonds soaked
- 250 ml water
- 3 tbsp 25 g tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Vegan Mozzarella Cheese:
- Throw all the ingredients together and give them a good whizz in your blender. If you have a high-speed blender, keep blending until it’s nice and warm, and you’ll notice it starting to thicken up into that perfect, gooey consistency.
- Pizza Crust:
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and give a good mix until everything’s nice and smooth.
- Cook it up on a non-stick pan, making sure to get both sides nicely done.
- Spread some tomato sauce, and vegan mozzarella cheese, and load up with all your favorite toppings.