Try these delicious vegan, gluten-free pancake pierogi with potato filling. Easy and quick recipe.
If you are like me and avoid milk, eggs, and gluten, it’s not easy to make pierogi. But I found a great way to make pierogi out of pancakes and it works great! With only 4 basic ingredients – chickpea flour, brown rice flour, tapioca starch, and water.
You can make savory or sweet pierogi for breakfast or dinner. They are very delicious! Try making this recipe yourself and you’ll see. Tag me on my Instagram so I can see your post.
Pancakes pierogi with potato filling
- Non-stick skillet
- Small ladle
- 50 g chickpea flour
- 50 g brown rice flour
- 30 g tapioca flour
- 150 ml water
- 4 medium raw potatoes
- 4 tbsp cilantro chopped
- salt to taste
- Boil potatoes in pot with slightly salted water.
- Mash potatoes.
- Add chopped cilantro to mashed potatoes, mixing well.
- In the bowl combine all dry ingredients for pancakes.
- Add water, mix until smooth.
- Heat the non-stick skillet to a medium heat.
- Pour a ladle of batter to the middle, spread it into a circle with ladle, starting in the middle.
- Quickly place some filling on half of the pancake, while batter is still wet.
- While the pancake is still sticky, fold the pancake, gently pressing the edges.
- Keep it in the skillet for another 30 sec – 1 min, flipping it on another side.
- The pierogi are ready to eat!
- Serve with vegan sour cream or your favorite sauce.