This smooth chocolaty bark will is amazingly tasty.
This perfect chocolate bark snack will please even the pickiest eater. It’s easy to make as well. Main ingredients are cocoa butter, cocoa powder and natural coconut sugar. The rest ingredients – toppings of your choice.
The chocolate is made smooth, or tempered, but making a homemade double boiler. This is done by placing a dry glass bowl over a metal pot with about one inch of water. This provides a consistent heat and melts the chocolate very well. It tempers the chocolate, making it smooth and glossy.
Top this off with your favorite healthy toppings, such as roasted raw nuts, or goji berries, as in the picture. Enjoy this sweet recipe!
Tempered Chocolate Bark
- glass bowl
- 3.5 oz cocoa butter
- 1 oz cocoa powder
- 1.4 oz coconut sugar powdered in a grinder
- 1 tbsp roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- Heat dry glass bowl over a metal pot with an inch of water to create a double boiler.
- Melt cocoa butter in a double boiler at very low heat.
- Heat up bowl to 115°F (46°C). Monitor the cocoa butter temperature with a thermometer.
- Remove from heat until temperature of the butter is a consistent 81°F (27°C).
- Add cocoa powder and coconut sugar powder and stir well.
- Place mixture into double boiler and bring chocolate temperature back to 88°F (31°C).
- Stir the chocolate and pour it on a silicone mat.
- Immediately top with your choice of topping, such as sesame and sunflower seeds.
- Carefully place in refrigerator so that the chocolate stays level and remove when completely hardened.