These Tofu Steaks are rich in plant-based protein, and are cheap and easy to make. And they’re oil-free!
These tofu steaks are a perfect way to get some vegan protein. They are made with extra-firm tofu, some spices, GF soy sauce, and maple syrup. This recipe is so easy. Cut the tofu, marinate, and cook on a nonstick pan. I didn’t use any oil in this recipe. You can serve the tofu steaks with potatoes, rice, or vegetables.
Try this recipe; you will love it!
Easy Tofu Steaks
- Nonstick pan
- 55 g GF soy sauce
- 50 g maple syrup
- 1/3 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Press the tofu to get rid of excess liquid.
- Prepare the marinade for the tofu steaks.
- Cut the tofu into equal 4 parts.
- With a sharp knife, make a crosshatch pattern on the top and bottom of each piece.
- Pour the sauce on the tofu rectangles. Use the brush to spread the sauce over the tofu.
- Let the tofu marinate for a few minutes.
- Cook the steaks in a non-stick pan on both sides until golden brown.
- Enjoy tofu steaks with your favorite veggies, rice or potatoes.