Some of my favorite snacks are multi-seed crackers. Although you can buy great seed crackers in the store, like Mary’s Gone Crackers, it’s not that hard to make your own, and much cheaper. You just need a little time.
These crackers a made from flax, chia, pumpkin, and sunflower seeds, packed with healthy fat, fiber, antioxidants, and nutrients. The secret to make them stick is the chia seeds, which form a jelly when soaked in water. Mix this with the other seeds and spread a thin later on a dehydrator to dry out.
I love this plant-based recipe and I think you will too! It’s gluten-free and vegan and made from raw seeds. See the recipe below and experiment with different seasonings. Enjoy!
Raw Multi-Seed Crackers
- Food dehydrator
- 1 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- Grind 1/2 cup of the flax seeds to a powder
- Soak remaining 1 cup of flax seeds and chia seed in just enough water to cover for 6 hours
- Rinse sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- Combine all ingredients together with spices and mix well
- Spread a thin layer of the mixture on dehydrator sheets and set to 150°F
- Dehydrate for about 10-12 hours, or until crispy